Skin is made by YeoloChuu
Helped by { 1 | 2 | 3 }
CoHo Book Review
Posted on July 26, 2022 @ 5:28 PM < 0 comments >

Hello, people. Assalamualaikum. 

How are you doing? Good? Great! Me? Not so good. Im quarantining myself at home because I am a statistic now, down with Covid-19. The bright side is I have plenty of time to rest at home. It feels really nice. I missed being home all day. 

In my early 20s, I preferred reading non-fiction self-help books. I just wanted to read something that could give me some motivation and positivity to go through life, to recover from the ordeal I went through :) To be really honest, I, specifically, dislike romance fiction novel because reading transports you to another world. I didn't like being immersed in it when in reality my past and "current" relationship at that time were messy 🤭 Basically, aku sendu lah haahaha and I didn't want to get any broken than I already was kahkahkah. This applied the same to romance film or series. I've always preferred legal drama ke medical ke crime ke. Ada sikit-sikit romance bolehlah not entirely, please. 

However, the tables have turned. Orang tua kata jangan benci nanti sayang. I started reading romance novel and I. Am. In. Love. Istg, adulthood changed me. My adulthood journey has been rough for me. So rough and it has taken a heavy toll on me, my emotional well-being and social as well. Finding balance between work and social life is hard. Putting up with the shitty stuff at work is hard. I was really in a dark hole for weeks. I isolated myself and I cried almost everyday. Not the silent cry but the loud cry. By the river, while driving, in the shower, on the floor. Everywhere. Anywhere possible. Sad. Really sad.

And that changed my book preference 😊 My broken spirit couldn't bear to hear or read any positive affirmations. Had enough. Knew enough. Right now, I need an escape from my reality. I want to read a love story that makes me swoon. Flyyy. To the moon. Kehkehkeh. Tak sendu anymore because yo girl is taken for granted seriously this time #foundmyMan (pun intended). Saja bagi cringe doa je yang baik-baik okie. 

Sooo, moving on to the main point of this entry. Book Review!! 

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. My naked truth (iykwim).



IT ENDS WITH US

Let's begin with the title itself. I thought it's just going to be about a girl ending a toxic relationship with a guy. However, towards the end of the book, I realized it holds a deeper meaning which is so beautiful. I dont know how to describe exactly but it made me goes 'awww'. Beautiful. Really. It was certainly unexpected. I thought I knew enough how this is going to end because partly, I could relate to this book.  But that beautiful revelation got me teared up 😢

The character... hmm.. Im just gonna talk about Ryle haha and nothing detail. I just wanna say that when I found out he's a neurosurgeon, Derek Shepherd quickly came to mind hehe. I miss him. Okay dah tu je.

The ending was what I hoped for because Lily deserves a man who treats her well and right at ALL time. I came across a review saying that they're heartbroken because they were rooting for Lily and Ryle. Honey, they're better off apart. A man can be angry but the way Ryle expresses his is a No-No. Major Red Flag 🚩 since the beginning. Gosh, I truly feel for Lily 😭 Love can be so blinding and we found ourselves bending some rules and goes against our principles. Been there. Done that. Huhu not proud of it but I guess we all made mistakes. Language-wise, this book is easily understood. Overall, I would rate this 

                                                                           9/10

Why not 10/10 ⁉️ I feel like the ending was kinda rushed. Macam eh lahh dah habis dah ke? I want to know more! After all those roller coaster emotions, write more lah... Okay bye. I oso dunwan to write more.


P/s: this post has been in draft since March.