โ—€ โ–ถ
Skin is made by YeoloChuu
Helped by { 1 | 2 | 3 }
First day of Orientation
Posted on September 5, 2019 @ 8:22โ€ฏAM < 0 comments >
Assalamualaikum and hello, everyone.
For your information, the orientation week at ELTE started on Sept 2 until Sept 6. As for my faculty, it started on Sept 3 from 8.30 a.m until 9.20 a.m. Yes, on that day, it was only that. It's very different from what I have experienced at my home university, UPSI. The orientation will start from morning until night. Everyday. Until the week is over. Haha that's a whole lot of different. Of course, it is more relaxing and chill here in ELTE. I get to go back and sleep ๐Ÿ˜œ (No, I did not). However, I just feel like there was no sufficient time for me to really get to know some of them on the first day.

Without further ado, let's get into the details on what happened during Sept 2 ๐Ÿ˜‰

On that day, I wake up at 6 a.m. After getting ready, I went to the nearest bus stop near the apartment I booked for my mother and aunt to stay.  It is kind of a big deal for me to ride on a public transport alone because I have never done that. Not even in Malaysia. Except for university bus. Hehe public and university transportation is two different things, right? While waiting for the bus, I started to get nervous but keeping it cool on my face. It was a rainy and cold morning. Different from what I have been experiencing for the past few days in Budapest. The weather here is really unpredictable. 



(Taken from my instastory)

The journey to my faculty took around 20+ minutes. For your information, my faculty is situated somewhere in the Buda side while my apartment is in the Pest side. So, I have to be ready way earlier than what I was used to in UPSI ๐Ÿ˜… Well, being a first timer, something must go wrong at first ๐Ÿ˜‚  I missed out the stop I was supposed to hop off. I am pretty sure I was aware of all the stops. Something wrong happened on the display screen. The name of the stop suddenly changed and I was confused whether or not to hop off and I did not. Hehe. I hopped off at another two stops. Then, I went to the opposite bus stops to wait on another bus. Tick tock tick tock. Few minutes went by and no bus to be seen coming. I decided to walk as it was only 800+ metres away. I made there in time. Alhamdulillah. That is why it is very important to go early #notetoself huhu.

When I arrived, half of the seats were already taken. I sat next to the Spanish group. From what I  observed, most of them came here in group. Meaning that they are from the same university. So, basically, they talk among them ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I did not want to interrupt. Then, there's me, a pint-sized Asian girl. I would not say Malaysian because I. Am. The. Only. Asian. Felt a bit pressured being the only Asian and Muslims in hijab ๐Ÿ˜† but that can be managed as soon as the seat next to me was taken by a Swiss guy, Jonas. I started introducing my name and we started talking. He came with his friend too named 'Emma'. I felt relieved because I don't have to pretend like I am busy doing something. Haha. 

The orientation started with a presentation from Ms. Ildikรณ Romanoczki, Erasmus coordinator. Basically, she presented briefly about the history of the faculty, orientation programmes and the Neptun system. One new thing I learnt that day was in Hungary, early childhood age starts from zero to three years old. Then, pre-school age would be from three to six years old and primary age is from six to ten years old, whereas, Malaysia, early childhood age starts from zero to six years old. Preschool is included in the early childhood. So, most of them that came are studying for primary education. Only a small percentage of us who are specialized in kindergarten.

Besides, I also learnt something unusual from my home university policy. Here, in ELTE, we have to sign a paper of consent for our picture to be posted on their website or Facebook account. For those who ticked 'no', you dont have to participate in the taking picture session. They did that to protect our rights. That's really great, actually. Meanwhile, in UPSI, everyone will just try to get in the frame making sure that their faces could be seen ๐Ÿคฃ No paper of consent whatsoever. We consent all the pictures we try to get in even if it is the ugly ones. Well, the choice is yours to make. You bear the consequences.


The only hijabi ๐Ÿค˜ ( Credit: ELTE Tร“K )

After the meeting is over, half of the group (the left one) went to watch a presentations and another half (the right one which i was in) went on a quick tour around the faculty. I didn't take photos because I saw none of them taking. Scared if it was inappropriate? or maybe they just did not care? In other words, it would be me being 'jakun'. HAHA. It is a nice old building and there was a hallway that caught my eye thinking this hallway is an insta-worthy spot ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ (just wait). Also, the paper of consent really makes me aware of everything now because they protect our rights so I guess I should be doing the same? I cannot even tell when can I and cannot?

Next, we went to Questra office which is located in Pest side. Need to travel there by bus. During the journey, I made friends with the rest of the group. Most of them are from Spain. Cool people. I love how their language sound. Taking the 'La Casa de Papel' feels. Hehe love that TV shows so much! ๐Ÿฅฐ Right after we finished our business at Questra office, we went on our separate ways. I went back to see my mother and my aunt. Making use of the last day of going shopping and touring around the city with them. I guess that is all from me for day 1.

Thank you.
Assalamualaikum and have a good day ahead, peeps.